Sunday, October 12, 2014

Taking a moment

Originally Posted by Pam Turner on 09/07/13:
As I sat here the past couple of hours responding to my daily morning emails for Cambridge I was harking back (that's a word I never get to use! lol!) to my previous life before losing my weight. It's been a while now, but because I had spend the majority of my life suffering from weight and food issues the memories are still clear. The one emotion that comes to the front when remembering that life is confusion. I was so completely incapable of managing my eating or understanding how to eat correctly. I had gone through a million different diets over the course of my life beginning in childhood, each one contradicted the last. By the time I reached my early 40's...and 340+ pounds...I was lost. Hopeless is the next emotion I remember. I had never lived a normal life. I had never put a single bite of food in my mouth without feeling guilty. I concluded that I could never be "normal", that obesity was my destiny and that like my mother, it would be what killed me.

When I look at my old before pictures I can see those emotions on my face. It's painful to see, but it reminds me of how grateful I am that I found my way free.

Take a moment today and think about all the pain and suffering your weight has caused you. What price have you paid for it? A house is built one nail at a time. Our weight is built one bite at a time. Never allow the thought to grow that "This one bad choice won't hurt or one more week of my life spent eating whatever I want won't matter". It does hurt and it does matter.

Today, I am remembering how grateful I am that my search is over. No more waiting for the next "miracle" diet or pill or surgery. I found my miracle and along the way I found the life I wanted. It took a lot of work and frustration and self analysis, but here I am, happy and healthy and experiencing the life I denied myself for so many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment