Sunday, October 12, 2014

Ready for Spring?

Originally Posted by Pam Turner on 02/17/11:



In most parts of the country this has been a winter to remember with record storms and snow fall. Here in Utah we haven't had it so bad. In fact, we actually had a taste of spring the past couple of days with temps in the 60's, sunshine, and soft breezes. Yesterday I was outside with the day care kids in short sleeves and we all had tons of fun. It felt wonderful to feel the sun on our arms and legs. My kids all get educated on health and nutrition so they ran around saying "I'm making vitamin D!" lol!

That all ended last night with a snow storm that blew in with such force it tore off some roofs and toppled trees. Now we are once again covered in snow.

There is something about winter that makes it easy to ignore and procrastinate weight loss. We are all bundled up in layers of clothing, arms and legs are not exposed and it really doesn't matter if our tummies are pooching out because the sweaters and coats cover a multitude of sins. However, timing is EVERYTHING and if you wait until the spring to get serious about your weight loss then you are likely condemning yourself to yet another summer feeling uncomfortable and unhappy in your warm weather clothes.

Winter will be over in about 7 weeks. In those 7 weeks you could lose anywhere between 24 to 50 pounds! Maybe even more!! How much of a difference would that make in your quality of life?

Going in to the summer months with extra weight can be miserable, we all know that. Summer clothes are no where near as forgiving as bulky winter gear. Shorts, sundresses, sleeveless tops, sandals, we all want to be able to wear them when it's hot. Bulky jeans and 3/4 sleeves can be like a prison made of cloth with you trying not to let on how uncomfortable, sweaty and hot you are while wearing them.

There's still time! Free yourself!! Get serious and committed to your Cambridge. It is the key to your freedom from another summer burdened with regrets that you didn't do something about it when you had the chance. You have the tools (Cambridge) and you have the knowledge to do this. The only thing stopping you is you.

Getting past eating disorders and self image issues can be tough. I know. But you still have to do it if you want to live your authentic life. Now that I am in my early 50's I am all about being honest with myself. When I was younger I was more concerned about others opinions of me and always feeling like I fell short. Now I realize that the most important thing for me to do with the time I have left on this planet is to be who I truly am and not lie to myself or others about what I think or believe. Getting my weight off was the beginning of discovering who I was meant to be. I have never been so happy. I only wish I had done it MUCH sooner. We all have to live with regrets, but it is so much better to avoid them, face reality, and be responsible and accountable for our own health NOW! If you don't you are denying yourself the happiness that is out there waiting for you. If you're lonely, you can find love. If you're weak, you can get strong. If you are defeated, you can find hope. If you are unhappy, you can turn your life around and begin to move towards the things that will bring you happiness. I speak from personal experience. You have 2 choices. Remain as you are, or change your life for the better.

Spring is full of new beginnings, but don't wait for Spring to start getting serious. When the snow melts and the gray skies clear and the sun breaks through, be ready to shed those layers and embrace the warmth and the freedom that the summer brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment