Sunday, October 12, 2014

Death By Food

Originally Posted by Pam Turner on 06/10/12:
It's really true. Being obese means that you are dying from food. The food you eat either gives you life or shortens it. It is either fuel or poison. Many people live by the words, "Oh well, it won't kill me today" and think that they can get away with eating garbage one more day, week, month or year. It's probably true. You could go out today and eat a 2,500 calorie restaurant meal and probably live to tell the tale, but the damage from food is cumulative. It creeps up on you while you're having fun. Sometimes it taps you on the shoulder when you least expect it and drops you to your knees as it did my husband 3 years ago. He ended up with an emergency triple bypass. As a 55 year old man, lifetime smoker and a person that didn't think food was worth eating unless it had a pound of cheese melted on top, he learned the hard way that it does catch up with you.

Personally, I am PISSED at the food industry that only has making money.. and lots of it ..in mind. They have no consideration as to what the majority of the food they manufacture in this country is doing to our health and quality of life, not even for our children. We are a nation of addicts to chemicals and dead processed crap and excessive eating. The only attempts the manufacturers make at appearing concerned about the public are only to make themselves look good and fool people in to buying more. This "Whole Grain" nonsense is the greatest lie of all. Grain in any form is one of the main contributors to obesity. The fact is, most of the "whole grain" in these products is just plain old GMO corn, one of the worst things a human body can consume. We humans have no need for grain. We actually were not designed to eat or digest it. It spikes insulin and insulin is the fat storing hormone. One of the main maintenance tools I pass on to my clients is to eliminate 99% of the grain based foods in their diets. That change right there will do wonders to prevent fat regain. Sugar in all forms is next. In reality, we only need minuet amounts of sugar to be healthy. Unfortunately the average American eats over 150 pounds of sugar a year. Even natural forms of sugar like fructose found in fruits needs to be consumed in moderation. Most of the nutrients needed can be found in vegetables, healthy protein sources and good fats.

When I go grocery shopping now it is very different then it was 11 years ago. In the past it was like a trip to Disneyland. All that food in all those pretty packages! I wanted it all!! It was so easy to have that 5 second debate with myself and then just toss it in the cart. Sometimes it would never even make it home. I would park somewhere out of view and stuff myself in the car. I have no shame admitting this to you all here because I know most of you have done the same. As soon as it was over I would sit in stunned horror at what I'd done, but feel so powerless over stopping. I gave years of my life to gorging on toxic Frankenfoods that nearly killed me. Even worse, it stripped me of any quality of life at all.

Those years have faded away to a sad distant memory. I can hardly believe I was that person. What made me so sad and self destructive? I have no idea. My life had certainly not followed the path it would have had I been free to choose it, but I can't point the finger at anyone but me. Because I caused it, I was able to fix it. Each of you here are in complete control of your life because ultimately you are free to choose how you will react to it. You may not be able to live the lifestyle that some do and wonder why you are so deprived or dissatisfied or lonely, but you can choose how you will receive what comes your way and use it to your best advantage. When you look at food... evaluate it in your mind. Is this fuel or is it poison? It's an easy decision to make if you do it without anxiety or emotion. My kids have heard me say this a million times, "Death on a plate".

No comments:

Post a Comment