Sunday, October 12, 2014

Father's Day and Positive Changes

Originally Posted by Pam Turner on 06/17/13:
I hope those of you that had a reason to celebrate Father's Day enjoyed the day. This year was something new for us. Normally Father's Day was a sad day in my kid's lives. My first husband was never an involved father to my two oldest and my youngest son never even met his father. We divorced while I was pregnant and I never saw him again. There was a lot of pain for my kids growing up in spite of my best efforts to ease it for them.

A year and a half ago I married my wonderful husband Andy and he has been more of a father to my kids then any of us could ever imagine. My "kids" are grown, but even as adults they have benefited tremendously from his unconditional love for them and for me. My daughter and my youngest son (21) are living with us right now and as much as I would love to have my nest empty, I am grateful for the example Andy has given them of what a good honorable kind and loving man should be.

The changes I made 12 years ago put me on a course to eventually find the happiness I have now. Cambridge was a major player in that change, but I also had to believe in my ability to accomplish my goal. It was a process. At first I felt powerless and completely hopeless, but after one week a little light of hope was lite and then over time it was a beacon for me to head towards.

Life can turn on a dime, or it can evolve slowly, but positive change never happens unless we seek it, accept it, embrace it and power towards it. It doesn't happen to us, it happens because of us.

indulging cravings and impulses and addictions is like a snow ball rolling downhill. It creates its own energy and it takes force to not only stop it, but to change it's course. Pushing that snow ball back uphill is hard, but eventually you reach the peak and before you know it, it melts in the sun!

Everyone has their own set of struggles, but we share one common goal...to improve ourselves and our lives. Whatever hand you've been dealt, whatever pain you have caused yourself, it is never too late to try for something better. There is no telling what happiness may be out there waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment