Sunday, October 12, 2014

My Morning Breakfast Cambridge Brownie

Originally Posted by Pam Turner on 01/24/12:

Thought you might want to see what I made this morning for breakfast. I am on day 2 and wanted something solid and yummy so I decided to make a Cambridge Brownie. With the addition of 2 egg whites, 1/2 tsp vanilla, pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 2 T coconut oil, 1 or 2 T (depending on how dark you like it) cocoa powder, water and Xylitol sweetener to taste I made a delicious dark chocolate brownie! I used 2 scoops of Original 330 Dutch Chocolate and baked it in the microwave for about 4 minutes on power level 6. This will be 2 generous servings. Don't bake it too long. It should still look a little damp on top. You can of course bake it in a regular oven if you're not in a hurry. I usually make cake this way but this time I added less water for a thicker batter and it came out very dense like a brownie. I'm now eating it with my coffee and feeling very decadent. The additional calories are around 50. I don't count the coconut oil as this doesn't store in the body as fat, but gets used up as energy and increases the metabolism. 


No comments:

Post a Comment